Barefoot Bowls is a great way to relax with family and friends. It is also a great team building event. Previous experience is not required as club members will be available to help. So, come along, kick off your shoes and have some fun! To add atmosphere to your event music can be played whilst bowling.
The Basics of Barefoot Bowls
- Barefoot games are held over a period of up to 90 minutes.
- You will play on a carpet green that is divided into 7 rinks (lanes)
- A maximum of 10 people re rink (lane)
- Each player bowls two bowls from a mat that is located at one end of the green.
- When delivering the bowl, the small circle faces in towards the inside.
- During the game, you will bowl from alternate ends of the rink (lane)
- The aim is to get you bowl as close to the little yellow ball (Jack)
The team closest to the Jack wins the end and gets a point.
- An end is completed when all players on the rink (lane) has played both bowls.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
- A game can be a predetermined number of ends ie 5 or could be a timeframe ie 90 minutes
Players must be 10 years or older. All minors to be supervised by accompanying adult.
- Barefoot Bowls Rules
- Flat sole shoes, thongs or bare feet.
- No drinks or food on the green
- No smoking on the green
- As we are a fully licensed premises – No BYO permitted.
- Due to high risk of injury – Driving or fast throwing of bowls is not permitted!
- Please deliver bowls from below the knee.
- No sitting on the edge of the green. Please use seats provided.
- At the completion of your allotted time please return bowls to the bowls trolley
- Enjoy yourselves
- Don’t let your mate beat you!
- Lawn bowls of various sizes
- An instructor to help you get under way
- Music on the green
If you want to book for more than 10 people book 2 or more rinks. ie To book for 12 people book 2 rinks for 6 people.
- Just Barefoot Bowls – $10
- Barefoot Bowls with sausage sizzle $15 (Bookings & Deposit Essential)
- Barefoot Bowls with Burger $20 (Bookings & Deposit Essential)